skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
Digital Photography K12
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
A Glass In Shadow
I originally chose to work with this photo because of the contrast of colors in the glass and the midnight black back round that makes up the wall. And just by staring at the picture for a moment I realized my favorite part to this window is the circle glass. As I read earlier circles tend to be portrayed as friendly and perfect looking shapes. And so with the contrast of the back round, I did not feel it necessary to crop the circle dead center. The colors alone draw your attention to its perfect shape and honestly I don't believe in perfection, because perfection to me, might not be the same to you. That’s what I believe is one of the many beautiful aspects of art, is that opinions are free to make judgment because there is no right or wrongly done piece of art. So I wanted to make the circle slightly off the center. After cropping the photo, I realized how lovely the black wall is, casting a perfectly circular shadow ov
er the rim of the glass, just as the earth casts a shadow over the moon, during a lunar eclipse. Sorry for sending it so many times, I was really confused.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
▼
2009
(11)
▼
January
(11)
Cartoon Filter
Creepy Vicky!
Miskolc - Diosgyor Castle
Lazy Boy
Marmoset Monkey
When I see this picture I always associate these...
Verona, Italy
Verona, Italy
A Glass In Shadow
Hoaxy Ghosty
Esztergom Basilica
About Me
MariaVictoria
View my complete profile
No comments:
Post a Comment